Monday, February 4, 2013

Project #3 C4T #1

Summary of Mrs. Kathleen Morris's blog

Getting Started with Global2 was the name of Mrs. Kathleen Morris's blog. Mrs. Kathleen Morris began her blog by giving information about the development day she held for teachers the previous day. This development day was all about using technology in the classroom. Sessions were held on learning how to use Google Apps, Evernote, and iDevices. She also held a session about creating a class blog. In her blog, she included information about Global2 which she recommended for educational blogs. She also included step by step instructions for creating a Global2 blog. I enjoyed reading her blog.

Summary of Comment #1

I am a student at the University of South Alabama, and I am in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class. I am hoping to summarize my visits to your blog and post them on my blog on February 4, 2013. I really enjoyed reading your blog. I did not have a blog before EDM310 and did not realize how it could be incorporated in the classroom. I loved the link to your class blog. It has given me so many ideas of ways I could incorporate blogging into my classroom. I found the information about Global2 to be especially interesting. Since I am new to blogging, it is nice to read about the possibilities of starting an educational blog when I begin teaching. You have made it easy for educators to create blogs by providing step by step instructions. Thank you for taking the time to share this information.

Summary of Mrs. Kathleen Morris's blog

10 Tips for Introducing Blogging into Your Classroom was the name of Mrs. Kathleen Morris's blog. She began her blog by stating that with the beginning of the new school year, some teachers will be starting a blog for the first time. She then provides 10 tips on how to successfully incorporate blogging into your classroom. Those 10 tips include: start small, integrate, be regular, start local before global, begin with a class blog, teach quality commenting, integrate internet safety, collaborate, get parents involved, and keep going. She encourages new bloggers to start small and not expect to know everything about blogging all at once. Mrs. Morris also encourages teachers to set goals about how often they will blog and when they will read student's blog comments.

Summary of Comment #2

I really enjoyed reading your blog post. The detailed explanation about how to effectively integrate blogging into your classroom was very helpful. Before taking EDM310, I had never blogged before. I would love to incorporate blogging into my future classroom, but I do not have many ideas on how I would do this. After reading your post, I have learned a lot of information that will help me start a class blog with my future students. I liked the links you placed throughout the blog, especially the link about how to integrate blogging into your classroom curriculum. Thanks for sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment