Tuesday, February 26, 2013

C4K#1 to #4 Summary for February

http://fcplibrary.lib.in.us/blogs/kids/files/2012/02/cropped-kidsblog.jpg
Summary of Blog #1

The student I was assigned to comment on was Keegan. He is a student in Mr. Cometti's 9th grade IB World History class at Robertsdale High School. Mr. Cometti is an EDM 310 graduate. Keegan has a personal class blog. His blog post that I commented on was Youtube in 1912. He began his post by discussing the creation of Youtube in February of 2005 and how much of an impact it has made on society. He then asks the reader to imagine life 100 years earlier. He poses a question. What if Marconi had the resources to create Youtube, and how might it have changed the course of the world? He discusses World War I and the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand. This news would have ended up on the internet and could have been seen by the Western Powers, Japan, and China. The world would have been changed drastically. This is an example of what a great power we possess, and we should use that power for peace and not to fuel spite.

Summary of My Comment #1

Hi! My name is Ashley Showles. I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am currently taking EDM 310 which shows future teachers how to use technology in the classroom, much like what you are doing with your class blog. I enjoyed reading your post; it was very interesting! You made a lot of great points that I had never thought of before. If the world had all of the internet capabilities that we have today, World War I may have just had a different outcome. Youtube is not the only resource that could have changed the outcome of the war. The media and internet, in general, are constantly increasing and are more accessible now than ever before. I was very impressed with your knowledge of history! The way you took these events and imagined how they could have been changed by Youtube was impressive.

Summary of Blog #2

The student I was assigned to comment on was Zoe. She is a student in Mr. Sapia's fourth grade class at Springdale Elementary School in Stamford, CT. Zoe has a personal class blog. Her blog post was Let them go!!!! Her blog was about a book The One and Only Ivan. She was writing a letter to Mack, the owner of the mall, encouraging him to let the animals go to the zoo. She told Mack that keeping the animals in the mall with nobody to play with or people who care for them was not healthy. She said that she would not like to be kept in the mall so neither would the animals. Ivan the gorilla does not even remember how to act like a gorilla.

Summary of My Comment #2

My name is Ashley Showles. I am a sophomore at the University of South Alabama which is in Mobile, Alabama. I am taking EDM 310 which shows future teachers how to include technology into their classroom, much like what you are doing with your blog. I really enjoyed reading your letter to Mack. I read a summary of The One and Only Ivan, and it sounds like a very good book. I think your letter to Mack was very persuasive. You did a great job of pointing out why the animals did not need to be in the mall, and you also did a really great job telling Mack why the animals needed to go to the zoo. The animals could be cared for much better at the zoo than in a run-down mall. Great letter! Keep up the good work!

Summary of Blog #3

The student I was assigned to comment on was Sarah. Her teacher is Mr. Marks, and she attends school in Auckland, NZ. Sarah's blog post Bush Walk was about an adventure she took with her class. Her class wanted to find out where the Oamaru creek stopped. While on their journey, they had a scavenger hunt, found where the creek stopped, and took pictures of their trip. On the way back, the class stopped at the PT England Beach and had a water. Then, she went back to class where they watched videos about skating.

Summary of My Comment #3

My name is Ashley Showles. I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama which is in Mobile, Alabama. The class that I am taking teaches future teachers how to use technology in their classroom. I really enjoyed reading your blog. The Bush Walk and the scavenger hunt sounded like a very fun adventure. I used to love to go on scavenger hunts when I was in school. It sounds like your adventure took a long time. You had a scavenger hunt, found where the Oamaru creek stopped, took pictures, and walked all the way back to class. Your trip sounds very exciting. Did you draw the picture at the beginning of your story? If you did, you did a fantastic job! I enjoyed reading your story. It was very detailed. Great job!

Summary of Blog #4

The student I commented on this week was Dustin. He is in the 10th grade and attends Baldwin County High School. His blog was about the role of religion in the Puritan society. He discussed how religion was very important to the Puritans and that everyone in the town was required to attend the meeting on the Sabbath. Also, work was not allowed on the Sabbath. So, people had to complete all the chores, such as sewing, the night before. He also discussed how these meetings were not like church services today in that music was not allowed because it was viewed as inappropriate, and the preacher's message could last anywhere from two to four hours.

Summary of My Comment #4

My name is Ashley Showles. I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. This class is helping future teachers learn how to incorporate technology into the classroom. I really enjoyed reading your blog. The Puritan's church services are definitely different from the church services we have today. Now, most all church services have some kind of music, and the sermon definitely does not last four hours at a time. It is hard to imagine a church where men and women are not allowed to sit together and where the boys cannot sit with their parents. Were Puritan girls allowed to sit with their parents, or did they have to sit on a separate pew as well? Your blog post was very interesting and informative. Great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment