Friday, February 22, 2013

Project #10

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fluidmath-2013/id594744681?ls=1&mt=8
Finding the Right Tool

Since I will be teaching high school math students, I researched new technology available to math teachers. I found a website that would be very useful. Fluidity Software is a website that would allow me to purchase the software FluidMath. This software is new technology that can be used for Tablet PCs and Interactive Whiteboards. This software would be very beneficial to me as it would allow me to engage my students in learning. FluidMath can be used for pre-Algebra, Algebra I, Algebra II, pre-Calculus, and Calculus, and these are all courses that I could possibly be teaching. This software recognizes handwriting and simple drawn gestures and can help with graphing, solving systems of equations, and factoring expressions. I could allow my students to come to the smart board and use the FluidMath software to solve an equation. Then, they could use this software to help them graph the equation. I would expect a lot of benefits from using this technology. This software would allow for a classroom lesson to be more interactive. It would also be helpful for tutoring a student one on one. I chose this particular piece of technology because I was very impressed with the idea. I know not all students like math, but I hope that by engaging them in the learning process, they will learn that math can be fun. FluidMath seems to be a great piece of technology that would be wonderful in teaching students everything from simplifying a simple expression to graphing complex equations.

No comments:

Post a Comment